March 27, 2019
Not all protein sources are created equal. What will the future of protein look like? Given cultural diversity, dietary trends—including veganism—and evolving technology such as cellular agriculture, school nutrition professionals have an opportunity to address future
proteins on their menu. Join Kellogg’s as they examine the challenges of feeding future leaders with optimal nutrient profiles that rival animal proteins while meeting regulations in school foodservice.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU, or 1 CPEU for RDNs/NDTRs.
- Describe the consumers who are driving the plant-based protein category.
- Examine the evolving terrain of protein and how various options can help nourish an increasingly populated world.
- Debunk concerns about the nutritional adequacy of plant-based diets.
- Incorporate on-trend proteins on menus to satisfy today’s vegans, vegetarians and
Kelly O’Connor Gryzb
Senior Channel Marketing Manager
Education, Health Care and Lodging
David Grotto, MS, RDN, LDN
Senior Wellbeing Business Partner
Key Area 1000: Nutrition
Key Topic 1300: General Nutrition
Subtopic 1320: General Nutrition
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 146753
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 13.2.2 Evaluates and incorporates individual and target group needs and requirements in order to develop menu items.
- 13.2.7 Modifies recipes and menus that accommodate diverse health, economic and cultural needs in order to achieve nutritional goals and requirements.
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note you have the option to submit an evaluation on the quality of this webinar directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.
- PowerPoint (PDF)
$0.00 - $20.00