On this week's webinar we will define social emotional learning and look at the connections between breakfast in the classroom. Panel members will describe the positive impact of nutrition on social emotional learning (SEL), what was learned from a study and from personal experiences. We hope that you will share your stories of how Breakfast in the Classroom (BIC) made a difference in the SEL for your students.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU. This webinar no longer offers CPEU credit.
- Describe the elements of social-emotional learning.
- Describe challenges and potential solutions to supporting SEL through BIC.
- Discuss the benefits of eating breakfast as it relates to social emotional learning and the role of school meal programs in that learning.
SNA CEUs: 1.00
Key Area 1: Nutrition
Key Topic 1200: Nutrition
Subtopic 1220: Implementing Breakfast in the Classroom
CPEUS FOR RDNS AND NDTRS
CPEUs can no longer be credited due to the age of the course. For more information, refer to Section 175 of the Continuing Professional Education Provider Accreditation Program Handbook.
SNA CEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.
- PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
- From a Nation at Risk to a Nation of Hope (PDF)
- Successes and Challenges Among Schools Receiving Support from Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom (PDF)
- School nutrition programs can be an important part of social and emotional learning - Child Trends (PDF)