Conversations are important catalysts in establishing a relationship; making a sale; managing conflict; or getting a team moving, back on track, or working together more effectively. This presentation addresses practical skills, phrases, and techniques designed to make even the toughest communication easier. It focuses on starting, continuing, and ending both new relationship and damaged relationship exchanges and provides practical advice on how to talk so people will listen and listen, so people will talk.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU, or 1 CPEU for RDs/DTRs.
- Identify potentially difficult interactions in advance and utilize covered strategies to navigate them touch conversations.
- Recognize potential conflict and proactively respond.
- Model powerful communication techniques for others.
SNA CEUs: 1.00
Key Area 3: Administration
Key Topic 3400: Human Resources & Staff Training
Subtopic 3410: Understand & apply human resource management practices.
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 150255
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 2.1.1 Assesses the communication needs of the individual, customer or population.
- 2.1.2 Identifies barriers to effective communication.
- 2.1.3 Tailors message to meet the needs of the target audience.
- 2.1.6 Evaluates the effectiveness of the communication.
Suggested Learning Need Codes
- 8110: School Foodservice
CPE Level: 1 & 2
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
- PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
Please note you have the option to submit an evaluation on the quality of this webinar directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.