November 6, 2019
Looking for innovative ways to engage your student customers and connect your school cafeteria to the classroom? As presented at #ANC19, discover how one district worked with the curriculum department to build lesson plans that have been implemented state-wide! From Kindergarten Kitchen Career Tours to Fourth Grade Farm Festivals, you’ll walk away with lesson plan templates and ideas for use in grades K-12.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU, or 1 CPEU for RDNs/NDTRs.
- Create lesson plans that will work for their schools using the examples and templates.
- Describe the benefits of working with school divisions to connect the classroom with the cafeteria.
- Utilize strategies to engage students and teachers in the classroom during a learning lab.
SNA CEUs: 1.00
Key Area 1000: Nutrition
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 151471
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 9.2.1 Assesses the learning needs of the individual or target group.
- 9.2.2 Determines and takes into consideration the literacy level and readability needs of the individual, group and population.
- 9.3.2 Develops and/or selects a variety of learning activities based on a plan of action and outcomes, and the needs of the individual, group, community and population.
- 9.3.4 Develops and/or selects educational materials at the appropriate literacy levels to achieve objectives.
- 8110: School Foodservice
CPE Level: 2,3
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note you have the option to submit an evaluation on the quality of this webinar directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: email@example.com
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.
- PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
- First Grade How To Books Lesson Plan (Word)
- Second Grade Corn Husking Contest Lesson Plan (Word)
- Third Grade Fraction Fruitapalooza Lesson Plan (Word)
- Fourth Grade VA Apples and Economy Lesson Plan (Word)
- Fifth Grade Caught You Being Health Lesson Plan (Word)
- FACS Food Flow Lesson Plan (Word)