January 22, 2020
With a growing emphasis on procurement in school nutrition, it’s important to make sure you do things right and, perhaps more importantly, that you don’t do things that can undermine your professionalism and your program. SNA has developed guidance to help you find your way to a clean, effective procurement process.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU or 1 CPEU for RNDs/NDTRs.
- Identify the five methods of purchasing.
- Outline how to write an effective solicitation.
- Summarize unacceptable procurement practices.
SNA CEUs: 1.0
Key Area 2000: Operations
Key Topic 2400: Purchasing/Procurement
Subtopic 2430: Purchasing Food, Supplies & Equipment
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 152683
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 13.1.1 Conducts a needs assessment in collaboration with staff to determine overall department needs.
- 13.1.2 Designs a plan for the purchase of equipment for the production and service of food that meets required safety and sanitation standards.
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 2,3
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation on the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post webinar quiz.
- PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)