SNA and FRAC have partnered together to bring you a webinar focused on community eligibility. It’s that time of year for school districts interested in the Community Eligibility Provision, a federal option that allows high poverty schools to offer free breakfast and lunch to all students, to start conversations with district administrators about implementation for the 2020-2021 school year. Community eligibility reduces administrative burdens by eliminating the school meal application and increases participation because all students eat at no cost, making it a win-win for school districts and students alike.
February 5, 2020
February 5, 2020
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU or 1 CPEU for RNDs/NDTRs.
- Explain the basics of how Title I funding and community eligibility interact.
- Outline best practices for communicating with key stakeholders in the school to gain buy-in for community eligibility implementation.
- Apply tips and best practices when evaluating the financial viability of community eligibility.
SNA CEUs: 1.0
Key Area 3: Administration
Key Topic 3100: Free and Reduced Price Meal Benefits
Sub Topic 3130: Community Eligibility
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 152803
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 13.3.5 Identifies opportunities to maintain and increase revenue.
- 13.3.7 Demonstrates understanding of payment and reimbursement models and their financial impact.
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 2,3
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation on the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: email@example.com
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post webinar quiz.
- PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)