March 4, 2020
SNA and FRAC have partnered to bring you a webinar focused on the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) and how to make it work at lower ISPs. Schools across the country are successfully implementing community eligibility at a whole range of identified student percentages (ISP). Some school districts are missing out on the benefits—such as increased participation and decreased administrative burdens—because they believe their ISP is too low. Electing community eligibility at lower ISPs requires careful consideration, but there are now thousands of schools across the country—and this number continues to grow each year—that have demonstrated the viability of community eligibility for schools with lower ISPs. Join this session to learn budget forecasting strategies to implement and the available resources that can help school districts determine the financial viability of offering free meals to all students. Best practices will be shared on selling it to administrators, maintaining and increasing ISPs, and increasing participation in school meals.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU, or 1 CPEU for RDNs/NDTRs.
- Demonstrate budget forecasting strategies to determine the financial viability of operating community eligibility with ISPs below 60 percent and getting administrator buy-in.
- Explain best practices for increasing participation in school meals.
- Summarize best practices for maintaining/increasing ISPs.
Key Area 3: Administration
Key Topic 3100: Free and Reduced Price Meal Benefits
Sub Topic 3130: Community Eligibility
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 150666
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 14.3.1 Defines the project parameters in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- 14.3.4 Manages risks to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- 14.3.6 Tracks progress and completion of deliverables and take action to keep the project within scope.
Suggested Learning Need Codes
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1 & 2
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation on the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: email@example.com
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post webinar quiz.
- PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)