May 20, 2020
All COVID-19 related webinars are available to both members and non-members.
This webinar will provide an overview of research and best practices on feeding school-aged children and adolescents during COVID-19 school closures as a means to prevent food insecurity. The panelists will present on topics such as the financial impact on school nutrition programs and districts, communication between school districts, parents, and students, how large urban districts are providing meals and ensuring safety, and the impact of COVID-19 school closures on food security. All panelists are members of a Nutrition and Obesity Policy Research and Evaluation Network (NOPREN) ad hoc working group that includes academic institutions, advocacy and trade groups such as SNA, and liaisons from CDC and Healthy Eating Research (HER). Learn more here: https://nopren.org/covid19/.
- Understand the role research and evaluation can play in the short and long term regarding improving meal provision during COVID-19.
- Discuss best practices for communicating with school districts, parents, and students about meals provided during COVID-19 and the special precautions necessary to help mitigate the spread of this disease.
- Learn ways to engage in ongoing and future research and evaluation efforts focused on the role of school foodservice personnel in responding to COVID-19 and the likely lingering economic effects of this pandemic on households and school foodservice operations.
SNA CEUs: 1.0
Key Area 3000: Administration
Key Topic 3300: Financial Management
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 155415
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 12.1.1 Promotes nutrition programs and resources to address issues of food security, nutritional health and overall health and wellness.
- 12.1.3 Collaborates with community partners and stakeholders in promoting nutritional health and disease prevention.
- 12.2.6 Determines resource needs for community and public health programs.
Suggested Learning Need Codes
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1,2
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation of the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.
PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)