May 14, 2020
All COVID-19 related webinars are available to both members and non-members.
Community eligibility is a huge success, reducing paperwork for schools and increasing school breakfast and lunch participation. Now, more than ever, eligible schools should utilize this option in the 2020-2021 school year, to support students and their families impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. USDA has extended the deadlines and school districts will need to decide if they want to opt in for the 2020-2021 school year by August 31, 2020.
While this date seems far off, now is the time to take a fresh look at community eligibility and determine if your school or district is eligible for community eligibility. Deciding to implement can take time and requires collaboration among school administrators and sometimes involves getting approval from the school board—so it’s not too soon to start thinking about whether community eligibility is a good fit for your school district. This webinar will cover the basics of how community eligibility works, important dates to remember, new tools you can utilize to crunch the numbers and why schools should consider opting in.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU or 1 CPEU for RDNs/NDTRs.
- Know the basics of how Community Eligibility works and how schools determine eligibility.
- Outline key dates and the timeline of Community Eligibility reporting requirements.
- Utilize new FRAC tools to make Community Eligibility work efficiently.
SNA CEUs: 1.0
Key Area 3: Administration
Key Topic 3100: Free & Reduced Price Meal Benefits
Subtopic 3130: Understand and Apply Community Eligibility (CE)
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 155653
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 13.1.1 Conducts a needs assessment in collaboration with staff to determine overall department needs.
- 13.3.5 Identifies opportunities to maintain and increase revenue.
- 13.3.7 Demonstrates an understanding of payment and reimbursement models and their financial impact.
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 2,3
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation of the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact:email@example.com
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.
PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
Fact Sheet (PDF)
FRAC CEP Links
FRAC 1 pager (PDF)