Have an attendance code? Sign In to enter it.
July 15, 2020
Renowned psychotherapist and mental health expert, Joyce Marter, provides encouragement and practical tools for school nutrition professionals to better manage stress while experiencing the unique challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Marter will help you promote your mental health and wellbeing with proven strategies from cognitive-behavioral therapy and mindfulness practices. Attendees will learn new tools to manage fear, uncertainty and change and foster resilience and will receive resources for practicing self-care and accessing support.
Joyce Marter has been licensed psychotherapist for over 20 years and is the Founder of Urban Balance, a counseling practice with over 150 therapists working from sixteen locations in five states. She is the Chair of the Midwest Region of the American Counseling Association, a member of the National Speakers Association, and Adjunct Faculty at Northwestern University. Marter is a blogger for PsychCentral and The Huffington Post and is routinely consulted as a counseling expert in the media, featured in such outlets as The Wall Street Journal, U.S. News & World Report, CNN and MTV.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of stress and mental health issues related to the unique challenges of COVID-19.
- Identify and utilize more than five cognitive-behavioral and mindfulness strategies to reduce stress, increase emotional intelligence, and coping skills.
- Improve self-care practices and better nurture and access their support system.
SNA CEUs: 1.0
Key Area 3: Administration
Key Topic 3400: Human Resources and Staff Training
Sub Topic 3450: Employee Health, Safety & Wellness
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 156612
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 2.2.2 Considers and respects the opinions, creativity, values, beliefs and perspectives of others.
- 3.1.1 Identifies strengths and opportunities for self-improvement and improvement in others.
- 3.1.6 Takes an active role in sharing information and knowledge.
Suggested Learning Need Codes
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation of the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.