Thursday, August 13, 2020
School nutrition professionals across the country have been incredibly innovative and shown a commitment to go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that children across the country continued to be fed, even when schools closed suddenly in the spring due to the pandemic. In this session, the speakers will highlight the efforts of districts across the country. In particular, they will present examples of innovation, out-of-the-box solutions, and accomplishments with the goal of celebrating what was done and sharing critical learnings that can be carried forward. They will include best practices and practical tips that attendees may incorporate into their own plans for the unusual circumstances school nutrition staff now face.
1. Assess your own school district’s potential for innovative approaches to meal delivery during a pandemic.
2. Utilize best practices to provide meals to students in the school building and off-site during a pandemic.
SNA CEUs: 1.0
Key Area 2000: Operations
Key Topic 2020: Serving Food
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 157346
Suggested Performance Indicators:
- 13.1.1 Conducts a needs assessment in collaboration with staff to determine overall department needs.
- 14.1.2 Develops goals and outcomes to measure and enhance productivity.
- 14.1.5 Leads and participates in department and organization goal setting in order to align departments goals with organizations strategic plan.
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation of the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration.
Email contact: email@example.com SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.