In this session, speakers will review the basics of food allergy management during the pandemic based on expert guidance; the intersection of food insecurity and food allergies; and the role of the school nutrition team. Sherry Coleman Collins is a registered dietitian, former school nutrition professional, and expert in food allergy management and will review the latest guidance from AAAAI on managing food allergies during the pandemic. Emily Brown is the president of Food Equality Initiative and the mother of a child with food allergies who works to help advocate for families managing food allergies who are also struggling with food insecurity and hunger. Jeremy Bergman is the Food Service Director of the New Castle Area Schools in New Castle, PA. He serves a diverse population of students and will share best practices and practical considerations for managing food allergens during the pandemic.
March 17, 2021
March 17, 2021
- Incorporate science-based guidelines for managing food allergens during the pandemic.
- Recognize the unique challenges of students with food allergies who are also food insecure.
- Learn practical tips and best practices for managing food allergies in schools during the pandemic.
SNA CEUs: 1.0
Key Area 1000: Nutrition
Key Topic 1100: Special Diets, Including Food Allergies
Subtopic 1160: Food Allergy
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 159868
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 7.1.2 Advocates for and maintains awareness of safety policies and procedures.
- 7.1.3 Investigates and analyzes work environment to identify safety issues and risks to self, staff, customers, public and organization.
- 7.2.1 Applies knowledge of biological, physical or chemical properties that may cause food to be unsafe for human and animal consumption.
Suggested Learning Need Codes
8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1, 2
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation of the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: email@example.com
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.