In this SRNT-U Methodologies Mini-Course, you'll hear about Dr. Monica Webb Hooper's work with the use of mHealth for smoking cessation among low
income African Americans. You'll learn about:
- some key health disparities issues that serve as barriers to delivering healthcare
- key elements of Dr. Webb Hooper's program “Pathways to Freedom: Leading the Way to a Smoke Free Community” and what makes it uniquely appropriate for African American tobacco smokers
- how an mHealth initiative was applied to her program
- details of the pilot feasibility trial
- barriers and limitations encountered
- lessons learned.