The emerging trends of the past few decades have transformed the external environment many organisations operate in; new technologies now influence all areas of social and work life; hyper-connectivity has overturned traditional power structures and created a global network society; complex systemic challenges have shifted expectations on how different sectors and stakeholders must work together to drive social impact.
Through this Master course, participants will take a closer look at some of the emerging leadership and organisational challenges of today: from creating an environment attractive to talent, to developing operational resilience, from planning in the face of uncertainty, to embracing the opportunities of digital, from creating innovations for lasting social impact, to strengthening the collaborative fabric and culture within our organisations.
Framing those challenges within the context of cancer control organisations, the course will combine insights from organisational and leadership experts with perspectives from cancer control leaders and practitioners to provide participants with new ideas and practical tools that can help them make their organisations future-ready now.
By following this course, participants will:
- Discover latest leadership practices towards creating caring and enabling environments for talent.
- Explore approaches and practices to support strategic decision-making at times of uncertainty.
- Gain practical tools to create innovative projects and solutions designed around the people who will benefit from them.
- Access expertise and perspectives on leveraging digital tools to support, engage and communicate with various audiences.
- Explore ways to build strategic networks to maximise mission impact in resource-constrained environments.
This course is targeted towards those in a middle- or senior-management role within cancer civil society organisations, cancer agencies, cancer centres, patient support groups and foundations.
Those serving on the Board of cancer organisations, as well as cancer care practitioners with an interest in leadership and organisational processes may also benefit from the course.
- This course will run from May to July 2022. The content will be available until 31 August 2022.
- Delivered exclusively in English.
- Accredited by the Accreditation Council of Oncology in Europe (ACOE) and its completion gives 6 European CME Credits.