11v11 Formations and Systems of Play provides over 5 hours of clinic content organized into 6 presentations examining the strengths and challenges of commonly adopted 11v11 Formations.
Presenters Ian Barker, David Newbery and Paul Marco provide an in-depth discussion of the tactical implications of each formation and how to adapt the system to address opponent's strategies and approaches.
- Introduction to Systems of Play (Newbery and Barker).
- 1-3-5-2 formation (Newbery and Barker).
- 1-4-3-3 formation (Barker and Newbery).
- 1-4-5-1 formation (Barker and Newbery).
- 1-4-4-2 formation (Marco, Newbery and Barker).
- Review - opposed systems (Newbery and Barker).
Each formation presentation includes:
(Downloadable content can be found in the Resources tab within each presentation.)
- Attacking and Defending Shape.
- Numbering system.
- Functional roles and responsibilities.
- Application of Attacking and Defending Principles of Play as related to 'Coaching in the Game'.
- 3 attacking and 3 defending activities.