Evaluated by: Laura W. Lamps, M.D., University of Michigan Health Systems, December 12, 2016
Original release date: December 12, 2016
Access to this course expires on: June 11, 2019
Specimens obtained from prostate needle core biopsies, transurethral resection of prostate and radical prostatectomy specimens are frequently handled by General Surgical Pathologists and/or Urologic Pathologists in both academic institutions and private practices. This session on Prostate Pathology will focus on several entities and scenarios that frequently cause diagnostic challenges and pitfalls in routine day to day sign-out. It will cover benign mimickers of prostate cancer, variants of prostate cancer, secondary tumors involving the prostate, therapy related changes in the prostate and other issues encountered during an active Urologic Pathology Expert Consultation service. Morphologic features critical to resolving the differential diagnoses will also be emphasized with a systemic and practical approach.
Practicing academic and community pathologists, GU pathologists and pathologists-in-training.
- Partial atrophy and other benign mimickers of prostate cancer
- Variants of prostate cancer
- Secondary tumors involving the prostate
- Therapy related changes in the prostate
Upon completion of this educational activity, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the most common benign mimickers of prostate cancer, identify therapy related changes in the prostate and be aware of potential diagnostic pitfalls;
- Identify secondary tumors involving the prostate, tumors arising the prostatic urethra and histologic variants of prostate cancer;
- Describe utility and pitfalls of immunohistochemical stains in prostate pathology.
To earn CME and SAM credit, all learners must take a content-based exam and achieve a minimum score of 80%. If learners do not achieve a passing score of 80%, they have the option to retake the exam. After you pass the test and complete the evaluation, your certificate of completion will be available to view and print by clicking here.
Members: $138.00 Add To Cart To Get Your Discount - Not A Member? Click Here
$150.00 - $207.00