This 13-module course, followed by a two-hour practice examination, is based on the 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC). It teaches the practical application of requirements specific to photo-voltaic systems. Each of the 13 modules consists of an integrated video presentation, including presentation slides, explanation, examples, and review quizzes. Modules are designed to be roughly 10-75 min. in length., with over 6 hrs. of detailed instruction.
- Solar PV Modules
- Gronded Conductors and DC Combiners
- Types of Non-Battery PV Systems
- PV Systems with Battery Backup
- Disconnects and Rapid Shutdown
- Figuring DC Voltages for String Inverters
- Overcurrent Protection Devices & Wire Sizing
- AC Combiners and Point of Interconnection Requirements
- Wire Types and Wire Installation
- Grounding & Bonding
- Roof Installations
- Residential Example Systems (Non-Battery)
- Residential Example Systems with Battery Backup
- Commercial Example Systems
Instructor: Doug Smith, MCP, CBO serves as both a plans examiner and building inspector for WC3. He has been an inspector for over 10 years and has more than 18 years of experience in the building safety and construction industries. He has obtained over 18 ICC certifications including Certified Master Code Professional. He specializes in the requirements of the electrical code and is especially knowledgeable on the topic of solar photovoltaic systems.