ON-DEMAND: SPEEDY TRIALS: THE ESSENCE OF TRYING CASES IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME
PART 2: EXECUTION OF A SPEEDY TRIALFebruary 16, 2021 | Online
Recorded on February 16, 2021. Work Smarter! Judges and juries want streamlined trials that don't last for weeks on end. This two-part series will teach you fresh methods to refine your cases from prep all the way to closing. Focus the jurors on what's really important, and save yourself a ton of time in the process.
Part 1: Pre:Trial Preparation (January 27) is available HERE.
AAJ is not responsible for accrediting or reporting CLE credits for On-Demand programs. Each attorney is responsible for ensuring their state accepts self-application for self-study CLE credits. FAQs on CLE and Education programs can be found HERE.
If you require an accommodation to engage with our on-demand content, please contact AAJ Education at (800)622-1791 or email email@example.com.
This on-demand course contains the webinar recording, full course materials, and agenda from the program as well as a certificate of completion for attendees to use when applying for 115 general minutes of self-study MCLE credit.
|12:00 - 12:05 p.m.
|12:05 - 12:30 p.m.
PRE-TRIAL JURY RESEARCH
• Zoom and Online Focus Groups
• Polling and Opinion Research
• Developing Juror Profiles
|12:30 - 12:55 p.m.||
VOIR DIRE AND OPENING STATEMENTS
• Listening Skills
• Make the Questions Count
• Trial Story - Simple and to the Point
|12:55 - 1:20 p.m.||
DIRECT AND CROSS-EXAMINATION
• Editing and Cross-Examination to Essential Points
• Pick Three Main Points
• Hammering the Trial Story
|1:20 - 1:45 p.m.||
• Short Liability and Long Damages
• Give Your Jurors Ammunition to Fight
• Getting the Damages Your Clients Deserve
1:45 - 2:00 p.m.
||QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS|
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act to access AAJ’s conferences or training courses should contact us by one of the following means:
- Write to us at AAJ Education, 777 6th St NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20001;
- Call us at (800) 622-1791; or
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.