This eStudy has sold out.
This webinar will provide an overview of data visualization and data storytelling best practices. Participants will learn how to select the right chart type and how to tell a story with data. We’ll use RAWGraphs (an open-source data visualization tool) to create graphs and Figma (a design tool) to edit the graphs. Both tools are free to use and a great alternative to Excel when the goal is to create data visualizations that go beyond a bar chart or a line graph. No prior experience using RAWGraphs or Figma is required. The webinar will be highly interactive, using a combination of presentations, discussions, hands-on exercises, polls, and even a fun data visualization competition!
The data set that we’ll be using to practice RAWGraphs and Figma will be provided by the Max Foundation, an international nonprofit organization. This data visualization and data storytelling webinar can be combined with the Data Analysis and Cleaning in Alteryx webinar. Both webinars will use a similar case study and the same data set.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understanding the process of selecting the right chart, while considering the data, audience, and objective.
- Understanding the process of telling stories with data.
- Practical experience with creating graphs in RAWGraphs and editing them in Figma.
This workshop will explore the limitations of the data with the participants and ensure that data-based inquiries that are thorough, methodical, and contextually relevant. The presenter possesses the level of skills, professional experience and, very importantly, passion for data visualization and storytelling to conduct this webinar. The presenter will treat all participants fairly, abide to professional ethics, and be aware of any cultural differences.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone looking to pursue a career that requires data visualization and data storytelling skills.
- People working with and analyzing data who are interested to take their data visualization and data storytelling skills to the next level.
- Anyone looking to learn more about new tools such as RAWGraphs and Figma.
Rebeca Pop has spent the last 3.5 years teaching and presenting on data visualization and data storytelling topics. Corporate workshops: 1.5 years; public presentations: 2.5 years; University of Chicago course (part of the Data Analytics for Business Professionals certificate): 2.5 years; Northwestern University (graduate-level): 1 year.
July 21st, 2022 12:00 - 1:30 PM ET
July 28th, 2022 12:00 - 1:30 PM ET
Once you purchase the eStudy you must register for each session. Recordings will be made available to registrants unable to attend sessions live. Recordings will be made available to all registrants for 90 days.