Concussion can have immediate and potentially devastating impact on the college student as they try to navigate return to the classroom. Effectively serving students with concussion in DR requires an immediacy in response and approach to accommodations that is tailored to the student’s unique symptomatology and course of recovery. This research to practice based webinar will:
- provide attendees with an update on the latest concussion research
- describe the impact of concussion on the college student
- highlight unique considerations for the student-athlete
- delineate how to partner with Athletics Sports Medicine programs and Student Health Services to facilitate access and a team approach.
- detail considerations for the initial interview, authorizing academic accommodations, and working with students with persistent concussion symptoms.