Renowned speaker Veerabhadran Ramanathan, PhD will describe how climate change has morphed into climate disruption; he projects that in about 10 years, climate disruption can impact the health of over one billion people. He shares his thoughts on practical solutions to the problem and the immediate need for action. Dr. Ramanathan highlights the transformative role that health care providers can play in both protecting the health of the vulnerable population and for getting public support to help stabilize the climate in the coming decades.
Faculty: Veerabhadran Ramanathan, PhD
Faculty Disclosures: This speaker has no relevant relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
- Recognize the problem of climate change and the threat to public health as clinicians
- Describe the effects climate change has on public health and health outcomes
- Review and describe current research on climate change
- Physicians: maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- All other healthcare professionals completing this activity will be issued a certificate of participation.
This course is CME-eligible for a 2-year period ending on June 24, 2022. After the two-year time period, you will continue to have access to your purchased content, however you will no longer be able to claim CME credits for your participation in the course.