This is a self-paced and self-study course. There will not be any live events nor instructor feedback available for this series. After registration, return to this URL to access all course materials.
Registration period: June 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020
Access to course materials: July 1, 2020 to January 31, 2021
New to writing manuscripts for scientific journals? Reviewing a manuscript for the first time? Looking for fresh insights? ASM’s Manuscript Writing and Publishing for Scientists webinar series equips you with the skills you need to publish in top tier scientific journals.
After this webinar series, participants will be able to:
- Craft a compelling title and abstract.
- Develop informative and clear figures and tables.
- Structure each section of your manuscript appropriately.
- Select an appropriate journal to publish your research.
- Learn how to work with your Editor as a partner, not an adversary.
- Evaluate journal articles from a reviewer's perspective.
Join the webinar series for seven 60-minute webinars with seasoned scientists who frequently publish, review, and serve as editors in ASM journals. This is a self-paced and on-demand webinar series. No live webinars are offered. Learn more
Webinar series leaders
Dr. Mary O'Riordan, Frederick C. Neidhardt Collegiate Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
Dr. Peggy Cotter, Professor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- View on-demand webinar recordings
- View additional lesson resources, including slide decks and pre-webinar assignments
To be eligible you must be: An early-career scientist, such as an undergraduate student, graduate student, or postdoc, who is:
- Interested in learning about the scientific writing and publishing process.
- Currently conducting research or preparing research for publication in peer-reviewed journals
Participants can choose to register for either individual webinars or the 7-webinar package for extra benefits, including a certificate of completion.
ASM Member: FREE
Non-ASM Member: $135
Individual Webinar Rates
ASM Member: FREE
Non-ASM Member: $50
Note to Global Outreach Student Members: if the purchase price is not listed as free ($0), please contact email@example.com for assistance.
All members except for Supporting Members qualify for ASM member rates.
All sales final. No refunds will be given. All participants who register will be granted access to the course materials until January 31, 2021.
Questions about login or ASM Membership?
Questions about registration, the series, or content?
Email Rachel Horak, firstname.lastname@example.org