This is a self-paced and self-study course. There will not be any live events nor instructor feedback available for this series.
Registration period: May 18, 2020 to December 31, 2020
Access to course materials is from May 18, 2020 to January 31, 2021
This series introduces fundamental concepts of evidence-based teaching that you can readily apply in the classroom or lab, as well as essential career development tips for undergraduate educators. The content in the webinars builds upon content learned in previous webinars through the series. Learn from award-winning leaders in undergraduate biology education. The webinar series is based on ASM’s Science Teaching Fellows Program (2012-2017).
After the completion of the webinar series, participants will be able to:
- Implement best practices in curriculum development, such as backward design.
- Use active learning strategies in the classroom.
- Identify tools, resources, and connections to enhance classroom practices.
- Develop skill sets that make you a stronger applicant when applying for academic positions.
Webinar series leader
Dr. Loretta Brancaccio-Taras, Professor of Biological Sciences and Director of e-Learning, City University of New York-Kingsborough Community College
Webinar series format
- Six 60-minute webinar recordings, with activities to help your learning
- Pre-webinar assignments to introduce you to the topic and assist learning
- Pre-webinar and post-webinar surveys to get your feedback
A graduate student, postdoc or early-career scientist/faculty, transitioning to teaching who is also:
- Studying, conducting research or teaching in the microbiological and related sciences.
- Interested in careers that have a substantial undergraduate teaching component.
Participants may register for individual webinars or the 6-webinar series.
Registration available for individual webinars or the entire 6-webinar series. For those who complete the entire series, you will receive a certificate of completion.
ASM Member: FREE
Non-ASM Member: $135
Individual Webinar Rates
ASM Member: FREE
Non-ASM Member: $50
Note to Global Outreach Student Members: if the purchase price is not listed as free ($0), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
After registering, you will have full access to all course materials that you purchased. Return to this site to start learning! https://www.pathlms.com/asm/courses/18567
All members except for Supporting Members qualify for ASM member rates.
No refunds will be given. All participants who register will be given access to the recordings until January 31, 2021.
Questions about login and ASM Membership? Does the purchase price in your cart not reflect your current ASM membership?
Questions about the series, or content?
Email Rachel Horak, email@example.com