Please plan to attend all highly interactive live events. Recordings will be posted on this LMS site. Materials for the course will be available on this site until December 31, 2021
Contact for this course: Rachel Horak, email@example.com.
The Series provides participants with the opportunity to learn about a current topic of interest to undergraduate STEM educators and then engage in a dialogue with colleagues to share ideas and learn from one another. Sessions will include a brief overview of a topic, an interactive portion for participants to get feedback on their ideas, and a summary/de-brief of the topic. For each topic, a “resource” document will be shared. This series builds upon knowledge gained in the highly popular Teaching Undergraduate Biology series and recent Microedu Live! discussions, and the format is a hybrid of these two series. This series is sponsored by the ASM Education Department.
After this 6 week session, attendees will be able to:
- Identify new teaching strategies and approaches for your classroom
- Adapt online and remote teaching practices gained during the COVID-19 pandemic to new Hybrid or In-person modalities
- Design courses and learning experiences that promote equity
- Better respond to your students’ emotional well-being
- Feel better prepared for the upcoming Fall 2021 term and beyond
- Please plan to attend all live events in the session because the events will be highly interactive.
- Events will be recorded and made available to all people who register. However, many events will include breakout rooms, which are NOT recorded.
- Live events will include short presentations, focused discussions and group work, and large group discussions.
- There will be opportunities for discussion and further learning with course participants outside the live events.
- Undergraduate educator in the biological sciences, at any career stage.
- General knowledge of evidence-based practices and active learning. Completion of ASM’s Teaching Undergraduate Biology webinar series would satisfy this requirement.
Loretta Brancaccio-Taras, Professor of Biological Sciences and Director of eLearning at Kingsborough Community College, NY
The live events will all be held 2:00 - 3:00 PM Eastern time
|Thursday Sept 30||Engaging students in the online environment||Roshini Ramachandran
|Monday October 4||Promoting equity in the in-person and online classroom||Monica Linden
|Thursday October 14||Creating your own online/remote labs||Jen Herzog|
|Thursday October 21||HyFlex (and its variations)||Loretta Brancaccio-Taras|
|Thursday October 28||Adjusting back to in-person learning||Miriam Segura-Totten
|Thursday November 4||Pedagogy of care||Mays Imad|
- Registration is only available for the entire 6-week series. We do not allow registration for individual events.
- ASM members (all levels, EXCLUDING Supporting Members): $100
- Non-members of ASM and ASM Supporting members): $200
- No refunds. All those who register will get access to all course content, including live event recordings. Access to all items in this course expires December 31, 2021.
- After registering, you will receive 7 emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. One email is a registration confirmation, and one additional email for each live event (6 in total), which contain Calendar invites and connection information.
- If you are an ASM Global Outreach member and the price in your cart for this series is not $100, email email@example.com for assistance.
Who to contact?
Questions about series, contact Rachel Horak, ASM Education Department firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about ASM membership or log-in, contact email@example.com.