**If you attended the Live Event and
Already Earned your certificate you can print or save it from your
Account area by clicking on your name in the upper right hand corner.
In August of 2016, CDC announced the launch of the Antimicrobial Resistance Laboratory Network (ARLN), which provides the infrastructure and lab capacity for seven regional laboratories to network and coordinate with clinical and public health laboratories across the nation to detect and support response to resistant organisms recovered from human samples. When new resistance threats or outbreaks are detected within healthcare facilities or at state and local public health labs, the ARLN regional labs will provide additional laboratory capacity and testing services, where needed, to characterize and track resistance to support public health response to these threats. The seven regional laboratories began offering testing in January 2017. This webinar will introduce clinical laboratories to the intended purpose of the ARLN, testing services provided by the regional laboratories, and how clinical laboratories can work with the ARLN to help combat antimicrobial resistance.
- Describe the intended purpose of the Antimicrobial Resistance Laboratory Network and how it will inform the public health response to Antimicrobial Resistance.
- List testing services offered by the ARLN and describe how clinical laboratories can access those services.
- Describe how ARLN regional laboratory testing capacity can complement the work of the clinical laboratory.
Susan Sharp, PhD, D(ABMM)
Kaiser Permanente Northwest
Jean B. Patel, PhD, D(ABMM)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Kelly Wroblewski, MPH, MT(ASCP)
Association of Public Health Laboratories
This basic level program is appropriate for all microbiologists working in clinical or public health laboratory settings.
This webinar is approved for 1.0 P.A.C.E.® credit. ASM is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program. All presentations are recognized by Florida Department of Health and qualify for Florida CE credit toward license renewal. The California Department of Health Services accepts P.A.C.E.® credits for license renewal.
If you watch the live version on February 14, 2017, you must claim your CE credits within three (3) days. If you do not, you will have to watch the recorded version in order to claim your CE credits.
- Registration is free per site for one connection to the live program with unlimited attendance (and CEUs) for everyone AND unlimited access (and CEUs) to the archive program for six months. To register, click "Live Event" below and then click "Register".
- You must create a free ASM account to register for this webinar. Click "Sign In" in the upper, right hand corner to create an account.
- After your facility’s registration is confirmed, the site facilitator will receive all necessary instructions and paperwork via email.