The Antibiotic Resistance (AR) Laboratory
Network supports nationwide laboratory capacity to rapidly detect and
characterize antibiotic resistance and inform local responses to prevent the
spread of pathogens such as Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) and
emerging antifungal-resistant threats such as Candida auris.
Representatives from the AR Lab Network will describe the efforts to measure
and minimize the public health impact of AR as well as provide an overview of
the type of testing being performed, the types of isolates requested from clinical
lab partners, and a description of how isolates should be submitted to a state
or regional AR Lab Network laboratory. The webinar will conclude with an
example of how the AR Lab Network was utilized to investigate and contain CRE
infections in a clinical facility.
- Describe the purpose of the AR Lab Network and the types of testing performed
- Discuss the public health impact of AR resistant pathogens including CRE and Candida auris
- List the types of isolates clinical laboratories can submit to the AR Lab Network
|Carey-Ann Burnham, PhD, D(ABMM)|
Associate Professor, Pathology & Immunology
Washington University School of Medicine
|Maroya Walters, PhD|
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
|David Warshauer, PhD, D(ABMM)|
Deputy Director Communicable Diseases
Wisconsin State Lab of Hygiene
|Massimo Pacilli, MS, MPH, C(ASCP)|
Manager of Quality Assurance, Laboratory Liaison
West Side Center for Disease Control; City of Chicago
This webinar is approved for 1.0 P.A.C.E.® credit. ASM is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program. This presentation is recognized by the California Department of Health and Florida Department of Health and qualify for California and Florida CE credit toward license renewal.
If you watch the live version on April 25, 2018, you must claim your CE credits within three (3) days. If you do not, you will have to watch the recorded version in order to claim your CE credits. The webinar recording will be available for unlimited viewing for six months following the live webinar.
- Registration is free with CEU and unlimited access to the archive program for six months. To register, add the product below to your cart and check out.
- Everyone that wants CEUs for the live event or archive webinar must sign up individually for CEUs. If you are part of a site that watches the live event or archive together, please send an attendance list to email@example.com so those who signed up for the webinar can be marked as attended and can thus access their CEUs.
- You must create a free ASM account to register for this webinar. Click "Sign In" in the upper, right hand corner to create an account