Case management is a growing health care profession, with a presence in every health delivery setting. Professionals moving to case management positions may or may not have access to adequate orientation and training. They often ‘learn on the job’ and are not exposed to knowledge and skills that advance the practice of case management.
CMSA is filling this gap with a boot camp offering for case managers looking to advance their skills and practice. If you have been a case manager for five years or less, are looking to change your area of practice, or advance professional growth, this course is for you!
Boot camp will not be hours of PowerPoint slides and lectures, but interactive exercises, activities, and case studies that will provide real-life scenarios and practical application. You will leave this course prepared to take on new challenges.
- Describe ethical practices expected of all case managers.
- Identify the various forms of health care reimbursement and requirements for coordination of benefits.
- Differentiate the various levels of care and reimbursement for those who currently or who have served in the military.
- List the multiple practice settings available for case managers and distinguish the skill sets required for those settings.
- Summarize the techniques required for impactful and effective communication with patients and interdisciplinary partners.
- Analyze the case management process for practice improvement.
Sept 22: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Central
Sept 23: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Central
Sept 24: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Central
LOCATION: CMSA National Office, Brentwood, TN
19.5 CE's for CCM, RN, SW
Space is limited.
Registration Deadline: September 8, 2023
Melanie Prince, MSS, MSN, BSN, RN, NE-BC, CCM, FAAN, FCM
Rebecca Perez, MSN, RN, CCM, FCM