course overview:More and more students are taking less traditional paths on their way through law school; not every “new" lawyer is a “young" lawyer. So how can the modern practice of law leverage the rich work experiences of older graduates while balancing against their relative inexperience in their new profession? What considerations can create a productive environment that is welcoming to all and also good for business?
This webinar was a discussion of this trend and its impact upon the legal community. It explores how to leverage professionals who bring a fresh view of legal practice and a wealth of knowledge in business, government, or other industries to today’s legal community.
Whether you are a career-reinventor coming to the practice of law late in life, or part of a firm or organization searching for ways to infuse new life, ideas and perspective into the changing legal landscape, you'll gain a different way of viewing what people can bring to the table or offer one another.
TIPS & TAKEAWAYS:
- How candidates can most effectively highlight their previous career experience
- Questions both parties can ask during interviews to address worries or concerns
- Onboarding the career-reinventor with an eye towards leveraging experience
- Ways both parties can integrate into a multi-generational space
CLE Eligibility:This program is designed to be eligible for 1 CLE hour.
- It has been approved in Pennsylvania.
- It has been approved in Texas.
- It has been approved in Louisiana.
- It has been approved in Tennessee.
- Complete the Knowledge Check.
- Fill out the (5 minute long) evaluation (TEXANS! You have your own evaluation!!).
If you are self-reporting in other jurisdictions:
- Print out your personalized certificate (tied to the submission of the evaluation).
- Download the course description and faculty bios document.
- Self-report your attendance by submitting the appropriate jurisdictional forms along with these documents to your CLE body; please let us know if they require anything additional.