COURSE OVERVIEW:This program commemorates the 150th anniversary of the Fourteenth Amendment, capturing the struggle over this amendment’s drafting, implementation, and interpretation, along with its continuing impact and importance. The sweep of this undeniably important aspect of American history is depicted through the most unlikely of vehicles: an extended metaphor of superheroes engaged in an ongoing battle against super-villains who would thwart guarantees given equally to all.
The course is presented in five sections:
- Act I: The Amenders assemble!
- Act II: The Amenders a create a new amendment!
- Act III: The Amenders battle corruption!
- Act IV: The Amenders restore protections!
- Act V: What's next?!
There is one final assessment to check your learning, an evaluation and then a certificate can be issued for attorneys wishing to self-report for CLE credit (this program should be valid for 1.5 general CLE credits in most jurisdictions).
Thanks to the Garland R. Walker American Inn of Court in Houston, TX for their content idea and presentation! Remember, they are lawyers not actors and Hollywood camera operators and audio technicians...
continuing legal educationThis program is designed to be eligible for 1.5 general CLE hours.
- It has been approved in Pennsylvania.
- It has been approved in Texas.
- It has been approved in Louisiana.
- Florida attorneys can self-report.
- See the CLE related course element below for specifics on other jurisdictions or check your state bar's website for instructions on attorney self-reporting.