Effective Motion-Drafting in Trial and Appellate Courts
What’s the most effective way to tell the court what you want and why you are entitled to it? Our panel of pros unpacks the key ingredients of effective motion-drafting. Learn the practices that promote reader-oriented writing and ways to avoid traps that sabotage clarity and rob a motion of vigor and persuasive force. Panelists will share their perspectives on the habits of effective motion-drafters, walk through the drafting process from planning to completion, and offer practical tips for sharpening skills.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the importance of using plain and concise language in drafting motions
- Become familiar with the tools for turning the facts and legal authorities into a compelling motion
- Hear techniques that enhance reader comprehension and help ensure consistency throughout the document
- Learn tips for editing and proofreading and avoiding common "traps" in motion drafting
If you are unsure if this program has been approved in your state or have any questions about self-reporting, please click on the CLE icon to find out more or
before taking the time to purchase and complete this program!
- AIC and Scribes Members: $30
- AIC Alumni: $30 (ask for a code!)