Using Writing to Enhance Your Professional Profile
By the end of this course, you will:
- Learn how to utilize everyday legal work as a starting point for creating articles and pieces of interest.
- Become familiar with various genres of legal writing.
- Explore how to create issue-awareness pieces, turn new experiences or "lessons learned" into publishable pieces, and craft other writings that inform and educate the legal community.
- Gain insights into working with bar associations and professional groups in creating and submitting articles for their publications.
- Hear a variety of tips for submitting articles and working with editors in getting them published.
- Bill Boyce, Alexander Dubose & Jefferson (Houston, TX)
- Sacha Dyson, GrayRobinson (Tampa, FL)
- Michele M. Jochner, Schiller DuCanto & Fleck, LLP (Chicago, IL)
- Genevieve E. Niemann, Singewald Law Firm (Chicago, IL)
- Amelia Ashton Thorn, Articles Editor, Judicature / Assistant Director, Bolch Judicial Institute / Senior Lecturing Fellow, Duke Law School (Durham, NC)
CLE EligibilityIf you are unsure if this program has been approved in your state or have any questions about self-reporting, please click on the CLE icon to find out more or contact us before taking the time to purchase and complete this program!
- AIC and Scribes Members: $30
- AIC Alumni: $30 (ask for a code!)
- Non-members: $45