The U.S. Data Privacy journey is only in its infancy but is showing signs for rapid growth and serious complexity. Since the enactment of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in 2018, the U.S. has used a state level approach to privacy legislation. In the past three years, state legislators have submitted over 60 state level privacy legislative proposals across the U.S.. This session will compare the active and upcoming state privacy laws and what they mean for merchants. Additionally, this session will discuss how retailers can best prepare for change through additional state legislation and even federal regulation.
- Attendees will gain an understanding of applicable privacy laws to their business.
- Attendees will learn best practices that can be applied to their organizations' privacy programs.
- Attendees will receive guidance on how privacy law will continue to evolve over time.
- Data security analysts/managers
- Compliance analysts/managers
- Internal audit analysts/managers
- Data Protection
- Information Technology
- Digital Marketing
- Data Security
- Consumer Experience
- Consumer Marketing
- Digital Experience
- Compliance Officer
- PCI compliance
- Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)