An Introduction to Infant Mental Health
Theory and Practice for Home Visitors
IMH 3-Day Training - Virtual
This VIRTUAL training provides Infant Mental Health Home Visiting professionals the opportunity to share and learn about their work through video, group discussion, and clinical observations. participants will consider new ways of working with infants, toddlers, and families that support parent infant relationships. An overview of Infant Mental Health theory, attachment, strategies, assessment, and interventions will be discussed and practiced. Participants will consider new ways of working with infants, toddlers, and families that support parent infant relationships. An overview of Infant Mental Health theory, attachment, strategies, assessment, and interventions will be discussed and practiced. MI-AIMH is committed to to offering this training on an annual basis. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity now!
Dates, Times (Eastern Time Zone) and Speakers:
-Friday, April 28, 2023: 9:00am - 4:00pm Presented by Carol Oleksiak, LMSW, IMH-E®
-Monday, May 8, 2023: 9:00am - 4:00pm Presented by Kassandra Maple, LMSW, IMH-E®
-Monday, May 22, 2023: 9:00am - 4:00pm Presented by Carol Oleksiak, LMSW, IMH-E® & Rebecca Wheeler, MSW, IMH-E®
*Attendance is required at all three days. You cannot miss Day 1 and then attend Day 2!
**If you are not in Michigan, please note these times are in the Eastern Time Zone.
Continuing Education Information - 16.5 training hours:
Social Work - Approved for 16.5 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® - Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
Licensed Professional Counselors - NBCC Hours - Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
NOTE - Certificates will only be available once your payment has been received.
- To learn the basic overview of Infant Mental Health Home Visiting Theory and Practice.
- To learn to observe parent and infant interactions.
- To learn how to conduct an Informal Infant Mental Health Assessment.
- To begin to understand the development of Attachment and strategies that support developing attachments
- To see and explain the “Big Picture” when analyzing situations.
- To increase awareness of self and others through reflective practice
- To articulate both the infant’s and parents’ perspectives within the context of relationships.
- To begin to understand the strategies used for home visiting in infant family work.
- To be able to keep the baby central to IMH Home Visiting work.
Infant/Young Child and Family Centered Practice; Relationship-based, Therapeutic Practice; Cultural Competence; Attachment, Separation, Trauma, & Loss; Family Relationships & Dynamics; Responding with Empathy; Observation and Listening; Supporting Others; Supportive Counseling (Levels III, IV); Empathy & Compassion; Parent-Infant/Young Child Relationship-based Therapies & Practices (Levels III, IV); Building & Maintaining Relationships; Psychotherapeutic & Behavioral Theories of Change (Levels III, IV); Self awareness, contemplation, emotional response
- Non MI-AIMH Members: $275 ($92/day)
- MI-AIMH and Alliance State Members: $225 ($75/day)
- Students $150 ($50/day)
Registration deadline: April 24, 2023. This training is limited to 55 seats. Registration is first come, first serve.
Cancellation policy: Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing no later than 4 days prior to the event for a refund to be issued.
- Click on the ADD TO CART button below to register
- If you do not see an ADD TO CART button - you are likely not signed in - click the Sign In link at the top right of your screen
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email for each individual day with the ability to add the training dates to your calendar
- Remember that attendance is REQUIRED for all three days.
- The Infant Mental Health Home Visiting Manual is strongly recommended. This resource will be used and referenced throughout the training. If you need to purchase this tool, you can purchase the printed hard copy or a digital version.
- Printed Manual: Members: $45/Non-Members $80
- Digital Version: Members: $35/Non-Members $70
- Click to purchase
- Registrants will receive training materials for each training day closer to the training