This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
IRS Program Number: X9QQU-T-00650-20-O
IRS Program Number: X9QQU-T-00650-20-S
What happens when your clients divorce? Divorce is an emotional occurrence for all involved. What is the significance of the tax professional assisting clients through this difficult time? This webinar will explain the importance of working with and advising our clients on tax related divorce issues. We will discuss filing status, name change, joint & separate responsibility & liability, dependents and associated tax credits, retirement plans, alimony, child support, property settlements, allocating estimated payments, NOLs, and Capital Loss carryovers.
- Assist with tax planning
- Analyze changes made by the TCJA
- Select correct filing status
- Inform clients on Name, Address, and W-4 Changes
- Explain Innocent Spouse issues
- Quantify Exemptions
- Relate critical issues encompassing Form 8332
- Examine Credits associated with dependents
- Summarize QDRO and IRA’s
- Alimony and Child Support
- Distinguish Capital Losses, NOL’s Donations, and other credits and deductions