This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
Security Income Planning, A Natural Fit for Tax Professionals
Tax professionals who have the Social Security expertise to help their clients optimize their claiming strategy are in high demand.
Join us for this presentation covering some of the least understood Social Security claiming considerations.
After a brief overview of the basics, we will cover rules related to
- How non-covered pensions affect Social Security benefits,
- Dependent benefits for minor and adult disabled children,
- The unique claiming strategies available for survivor benefits,
- Pitfalls of the earnings test, and
- Social Security based self-employed tax and retirement planning
Add a valuable service to your firm and attract new clients with Social Security income planning expertise!
- Identify when a pension may affect your client’s Social Security benefit
- Recall who are dependents of a worker and how their benefits are calculated
- Based on information provided, identify the earnings test rules that would apply to a Social Security beneficiary.
- Given specific client case details, predict the optimal survivor claiming strategy for a widow(er).