This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
IRS Program #: X9QQU-T-01042-23-O
CTEC #: 6257-CE-0211
CE: 2 IRS / 2 CTEC
Speaker: Diane Castell
Optimizing one’s retirement and future benefit to those who follow can have conflicting choices. How does one optimize the financing of their retirement years? What choices should be considered in choosing beneficiaries of one’s accounts? How are potential conflicts in beneficiary selection resolved?
- Appraise the trade-off between funding of one’s retirement with different choices (e.g., early Social Security, Traditional IRA, Roth IRA).
- Describe the significant tax advantage of exercising a Net Unrealized Asset distribution from an employer plan upon retirement, and list what the requirements are.
- Discuss the trade-off between making a trust the beneficiary of your IRA versus individual persons.
- Describe the ramifications and alternatives of not having a declared beneficiary but allowing retirement accounts to become part of your estate.
- Relate the tax ramifications and administrative issues that are created by the funding choices of the popular A/B trusts at the death of the first spouse.