This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
Turning Theory into Practice: Retirement
IRS Program #: X9QQU-T-01043-23-O
CTEC #: 6257-CE-0212
CE: 2 IRS / 2 CTEC
Speaker: Beth Logan, EA
Now that we have looked at numerous building blocks, how do we integrate all this together? This session will work through sample scenarios for how trade-offs might be resolved.
This session is intended to be the culmination of the earlier courses and assumes reasonable absorption of that material. The intent is not to introduce new material but to wrestle with how the building blocks of a retirement program fit together.
- List the interplay of choices that a taxpayer will make in shaping their retirement and financial legacy.
- Design strategic utilization of various retirement funding vehicles to minimize lifetime taxes, particularly including the taxation of Social Security.
- Illustrate how the use of Roth Conversions or other financial moves in the years in advance of retirement can enhance the overall financial position of the taxpayer.
- Explain how retiring, beginning Social Security benefits, and starting Medicare are essentially unrelated.
- Recognize to alert clients of potential financial transactions that will increase their Medicare premium payments.