The largest investment most people make is their home. Moving is one of the top stressors for anyone. Find out how to support your client’s relocation life changes by adding Move Management and Home Staging to your services.
This certificate will help the experienced Professional Organizer enhance their service offerings to include Home Staging and Move Management. The blend of Move Management with Home Staging is perfect for Professional Organizing skills and brings a unique perspective not found in other courses.
The Professional Organizer will be able to provide service offerings to clients who are relocating, downsizing, changing their space, and seeking management of these projects.
Total Time: 14 hours
What You'll Learn:
After completing this certificate, the Professional Organizer will have the knowledge and skills to add Move Management and Home Staging to their service offerings. A Professional Organizer with this certificate will bring to their clients a single source for both preparing a home for sale and managing a move to a new abode.
- Move Management and Home Staging General
- Identify and describe how you can take your client from beginning to end of a relocation project
- Learn a general overview of Home Staging, Move Management and Project Management services
- Describe how Home Staging and Move Management can create value to your clients.
- Create additional service offerings by learning the ins and out of Home Staging and Move Management
- Apply Project Management principles to facilitate a successful project
- Recognize and implement the basics of Home Staging
- Occupied Home Staging
- Evaluate how downsizing and decluttering can apply to an occupied home sale
- Create the space in an occupied house to adhere to design principals to the best possible solution to attract buyers
- Vacant Home Staging
- Create the visual space in a vacant house to adhere to design principals to the best possible solution to attract buyers
- Apply the various types of vacant Home Staging including the luxury market, rentals and virtual staging.
- Evaluate adding Home Staging inventory and storage to your Professional organizing business
- Redesign and Additional Streams of Revenue
- Understand the principles of Redesign
- Identify the primary goals of the Redesign process
- Address the Professional Organizers service portfolio to add additional redesign services
- Examine additional revenue streams including model homes, flips, investor, rental properties, remodels and renovations, color consultations, space planning, buying for the client, project management, custom design, senior Home Staging and moving management
- Move Management
- Learn best practices for move management
- Evaluate whether you should incorporate this service into your business
- Consider the ideal client for move management
- Apply the principles of space planning for move clients
- Describe storage considerations for clients
- Project Management
- Describe what project management means
- Identify your ideal moving client
- Learn how to use PM for Home Staging and Move Management
- Apply the principles of planning to a client move
- Evaluate who to incorporate this service into your marketing
- The Business of Move Management and Home Staging
- Identify your ideal client and create messaging to increase your bottom line
- Apply Home Staging statistics to increase your Home Staging business
- Apply principles of pricing in Home Staging
- Recognize Move Management and Home Staging resources
- Describe the relationship between the real estate industry and moving and Home Staging
- Evaluate if additional certifications are right for you
- Accredited Staging Professional
- Senior Move Manager
- Project Management Professional
- Certified Professional Organizer
In order to earn a NAPO Specialist Certificate, you must be a NAPO Professional Member in good standing. All new NAPO members start at Provisional membership status. To upgrade to Professional Membership status, you must complete Going Pro: The Professional Practices Courses.