NOW AVAILABLE ON-DEMAND!
Live Webinar & Panel Discussion: Tuesday, July 11 at 10-11:30 a.m. US Eastern (15:00 London)
To foster an understanding of the complex interplay between fire safety and sustainability, SFPE recently launched the Sustainability and Fire Committee, charged with drafting an SFPE position relative to this important topic. In support of an increased understanding of this topic in the FSE community, this initiative is coupled with a webinar series. This webinar is the first in a series of three.
This first webinar in the series will provide an overview of the relationship between sustainability and fire design, with synergies and relationships when designing and managing buildings and communities.
Participants will be provided with an understanding of core sustainability principles and how their application can enhance fire resilience and foster long-term environmental sustainability.
By the end of the webinar, participants should have a clear understanding of the intersection between sustainability and fire resilience and be equipped with practical knowledge and strategies to implement in their professional practice.
This webinar features experts dealing with questions of sustainability and fire safety from different points of view. They will lead with short presentations concerning their perspective, followed by a panel discussion.
- Understand the relationship between sustainability and fire resilience.
- Explore the ways in which sustainable practices can enhance fire resilience in buildings and communities.
- Learn about the role of landscape design in mitigating fire risks and fostering sustainability.
- Gain insights into sustainable building design principles that contribute to fire design and resilience.
- Recognize the importance of community engagement in building fire-resilient and sustainable communities.
- Acquire an understanding of the impact of fire-resistant materials.
- Gain awareness of the role of community participation, education, and collaboration in fostering overall resilience and sustainability.
Benjamin Ralph, PhD, CEng
Nelly Martinez Fonseca
Brian J. Meacham, PhD, PE, CEng, EUR ING, FIFireE, FSFPE
FIre Protection & Safety Engineers, Architects, and design professionals.
Professional Development Credit:
SFPE Members: Free
SFPE Non-members: Free
Click on the LIVE EVENT to register
This webinar is part of a series - next dates are August 7 & Sept. 20 and in-person panel discussion at the SFPE Annual Conference and Expo in Bethesda, MD on October 10, 2023.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOW AVAILABLE ON-DEMAND!