Michelle Baker, BS, RN, CRRN, CCM
Description and CE information:
This two part webinar bundle will cover motivational interviewing and communication with clients. Upon completion of the first webinar entitled Motivational Interviewing, you will then gain access to the second webinar entitled Communication.
- Define motivational interviewing (MI) and stages of change
- List, define, and apply the principles of MI
- Assess client readiness to change
- Describe how MI can be integrated into their current practice List and explain at least four communication methods
- List at least three barriers to communication and mitigation strategies
- List two strategies to ensure client understanding
- Communicate effectively with clients
- Identify barriers and cultural considerations for communicating with clients.
The Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for 1 CE contact hour(s). Activity code and Approval number will be awarded on your certificate of completion.
This program has been pre-approved by The Commission to provide continuing education credit to CDMS® board certified disability managers. The course is approved for 1 CE contact hour(s). Activity code and Approval number will be awarded on your certificate of completion.
To earn contact hours/CEs: In order to earn your contact hour(s)/CE, you will have to watch the presentation in its entirety and complete the survey. Once both the presentation and survey are marked as complete, you will receive your Certificate of Completion. If you are a CCM, your CEs will automatically record in your CCMC account.
All planners and speakers have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships or conflicts of interest with commercial interests related directly or indirectly to this educational activity.
Commercial Support or Non-Commercial Sponsorship:
There is no commercial support for this activity. The planners and faculty have no relevant relationships to disclose.
Expiration date: 1/31/2026