Vivian Campagna, MSN, RN-BC, CCM
Description and CE information:
In this two part webinar, you will learn that case management is a collaborative process within the health and human services profession. While the roles of case managers may be different within each organization, the Case Management Process remains a series of phases that work together seamlessly to help clients and their support systems (families, significant others, caregivers, or others) deal with health and other related matters. Once you view the first webinar in its entirety, you will have access to view the second part webinar.
- Utilize the information gathered from the assessment phase to develop a case management plan
- Identify the role that the implementing phase plays in the case management process including the importance of care coordination, transitional care and following up
- Identify the actions involved in the evaluating phase of the case management process
- Describe key activities related to termination of the case management process including the communicating post transition phase
- Describe the case manager's role in facilitating positive outcomes
- Understand the importance of re-assessment, re-evaluation, and continuous monitoring as part of the case management process
- Understand the components of the case management process
- Describe the information utilized to select clients for case management in the screening phase
- Assign a risk stratification category to the client
- Identify the information gathered in the assessment phase
The Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for 1 CE contact hour(s). Activity code and Approval number will be awarded on your certificate of completion.
All planners and speakers have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships or conflicts of interest with commercial interests related directly or indirectly to this educational activity.
Commercial Support or Non-Commercial Sponsorship:
There is no commercial support for this activity. The planners and faculty have no relevant relationships to disclose.
Expiration date: 5/29/2021