This session will focus on adapting instruction to the Science of Reading. Using the Reading League's Curriculum Evaluation Tool and Scarborough's Reading Rope, we will examine the areas of Phonological Awareness, Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, and Sight Recognition. From a Curriculum Agnostic perspective, the session guides educators, administrators, and interventionists through the process of viewing their curriculum through the lens of the SOR.
- To provide a basic overview of the SOR guidedby Scarborough’s Reading Rope
- To provide K-2 teachers and interventionists in grades 3-12 with the knowledge and tools needed to make instructional decisions that align with the SOR
Ashley Watson-Stroud, Ph.D., is one of The Center's Regional Literacy Specialists. She is a Certified Reading Specialist with a Ph.D. from Louisiana State University in Curriculum and Instruction. She has been in the education field for 17 years.
To register for the March 15th live event:
- Sign into PathLMS or create a PathLMS account if you do not have one. https://www.pathlms.com/cdl/sign_in
- Click "Courses" at the top of the page, and the click into the Section "The Science of Reading: What Comes Next"
- Complete the Pre-Event Survey Questions
- Register for the webinar.