Developed by the ITE Traffic Engineering Council.
Poor traffic signal timing contributes to traffic congestion and delay. Conventional signal systems use pre-programmed, daily signal timing schedules. Adaptive signal control technology (ASCT) adjusts the timing of red, yellow and green lights to accommodate changing traffic patterns and ease traffic congestion. The main benefits of adaptive signal control technology over conventional signal systems are that it can:
- Continuously distribute green light time equitably for all traffic movements
- Improve travel time reliability by progressively moving vehicles through green lights
- Reduce congestion by creating smoother flow
- Prolong the effectiveness of traffic signal timing
- Identify the need for Adaptive Signal Control Technology (ASCT)
- Analyze key components in system selection
- Identify the potential funding sources
- Understand the maintenance, training and staffing needs for implementation of ASCT
- Vishal Kakkad, County Traffic Engineer | Manatee County, FL
- Dr. Nadereh Moini, Chief of Transportation | New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority
- April Wire, Arterial Operations Program Manager, ITS Branch | Maricopa County Department of Transportation (MCDOT)
- Agency ITS and Signal Timing staff
- Agency Traffic Engineer & Planners
- Consultants Traffic Engineers
ITE Members: $49.00
This includes an archived recording with access for 30 days, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH credits and a certificate of completion
How to earn PDH Credit:
The certificate of completion and 1.5 PDH credits will be made available to the registrant after you have attended the webinar and the evaluation has been completed.
Recordings are available for 30 days following the day of the live event for anyone who registers for the course. Additional attendees at one location are not eligible to earn PDH credit for viewing an archived recording.
New Policy: Once this webinar recording is made available on-demand it will have a shelf life of 60 days to view before it is archived. Register Now before it's too late!
Available to Purchase until August 11, 2020.