This webinar was sponsored by ITS Professional Capacity Building Program, ITS Joint Program Office, U.S. Department of Transportation
Supported by U.S. DOT, the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) ePrimer provides transportation professionals with fundamental concepts and practices related to ITS technologies. Since its initial release in 2013, this resource has been widely used by public and private agencies and educational institutions. In 2020, the USDOT initiated an update to several ITS ePrimer modules to keep up with the significant technological advances that occurred in the ITS world. This free webinar includes presentations on the new Module 3: Application of ITS in Transportation Systems Management Operations (TSMO) and the new Module 14: ITS in Emergencies and Disasters.
Module 3-Application of ITS in TSMO describes a broad overview of ITS technology, tools, and workforce skills used to manage transportation strategies, systems, and networks to maximize mobility, reliability, safety, and system efficiency.
Module 14-ITS in Emergencies and Disasters describes basic information on operational resilience, emergency transportation operations (ETO), and traffic incident management (TIM) as it relates to intelligent transportation systems (ITS). The presentation will identify strategies to improve ITS infrastructure in emergencies and disasters. The presentation will also highlight examples being used by agencies around the country.
- Understand how ITS enables an organization to achieve its TSMO goals and objectives
- Understand the fundamental ITS building blocks that collectively provide real-time and historical information to help maximize existing transportation network capacity while maximizing safety
- Learn how organizations need to evolve their workforce to meet emerging needs
- Provide a basic introduction to ETO and TIM practices as they relate to ITS
- Identify how to make ITS infrastructure and related systems resilient to natural and human caused events
- Identify how to use ITS for a reliable transportation system in nonrecurring events (e.g., incidents, emergencies, and disasters) and use ITS to detect and respond to the impacts of these events
- Egan Smith, P.E. PTOE PTP, Managing Director, Intelligent Transportation Systems Joint Program Office | U.S. Department of Transportation
- Todd Szymkowski, Senior Project Manager, Advanced Mobility Group | Gannett Fleming, Inc.
- Christopher Poe, Director, Product and User Experience | Mixon-Hill
- Lee Mixon, President | Mixon-Hill
Pat Noyes, Principal | Pat Noyes & Associates
Free to Register
You must have an account to access the webinar. Click the Purchase button below (will show as $0.00 upon checkout) and then Create an Account here.
This includes a live web event, an archived recording with access for 30 days, webinar evaluation, 1.5 PDH/CM credits and a certificate of completion
How to earn PDH Credit:
The credit certificate of completion and 1.5 PDH credits will be made available to the registrant after you have attended the webinar and the evaluation has been completed.
Recordings are available for 30 days following the date of the recording posted. Additional attendees at one location are not eligible to earn PDH credit for viewing an archived recording.