The live event has ended. Recording is now available to stream.
PDH/CM Credits: 1.5
To receive PDH/CM credits, please complete the associated evaluation linked here. Once completed, your certificate will appear in your ITE Learning Hub account.
This week's sessions are sponsored by
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound effect on all aspects of transportation around the world. This session will cover the short-term effects, as well as the long-term effects of pandemic on people, roads, and communities.
- Understand the challenges and opportunities that communities face when responding to COVID-19 pandemic
- Describe the effects of the COVID-19 on all modes of transportation
- Hear about the lessons learned from the Columbus deployment of self-driving shuttle to move goods to people during the pandemic
Moderator: Rosana Correa, P.E., PTOE, FITE, Jacobs
Presentation Titles & Speakers:
- “Accounting for the Future of Working From Home in Post-COVID Traffic Forecasts”, Jeff Smithline, P.E., PTOE, Senior Vice President & National Director, Traffic Engineering, Sam Schwartz Consulting, New York, New York
- “COVID-19 Impacts on Local Transportation Agency Operations: A National Review with Illustrative Examples from Louisiana Agencies”, Christopher Melson, Program Manager, Louisiana Transportation Research Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- “Passengers to Pantry: How a Pandemic Changed the Mission for Smart Columbus”, Jeffrey Kupko, P.E., PTOE, Assistant Program Manager, Michael Baker International, Inc., Columbus, Ohio
- “Resilient Streets: A Near-Term Pandemic Travel Solution + Long-Term Walk/Bike Network”, Breanna Mobley, P.E., Senior Transportation Engineer, Sam Schwartz Consulting, Los Angeles, California and Debs Schrimmer, Senior Manager, Future of Cities, Lyft, San Francisco, California
- “Al-Fresco America: The Future of Placemaking?”, James Huang, Allison Fischer, and Christine Stavish, University of Southern California ITE Chapter, Los Angeles, California