The live event has ended. Recording is now available to stream.
PDH/CM Credits: 1.5
To receive PDH/CM credits, please complete the associated evaluation linked here. Once completed, your certificate will appear in your ITE Learning Hub account.
Today's sessions are sponsored by
This session discusses new research and tools for improved trip generation analysis. It will present the key elements of the soon to be released ITE Trip Generation Manual, 11th Edition including an overview of the expanded database and methodologies for addressing the impacts of COVID-19 trip changes. It also explores new methods for evaluating transportation impacts through the application of vehicle miles traveled methodologies and the use of trip analytics tools for predicting travel patterns.
- Explain the contents of the new ITE Trip Generation Manual including a discussion of the impacts of COVID-19 on trip generation
- Understand the application of vehicle miles traveled as a method to evaluate transportation impacts
- Demonstrate through local case studies the use of trip analytic technologies to determine traveler behavior patterns, asses route usage and determine travel times
Moderator: Scott Walker, P.E., Senior Project Engineer, Toyota Motor North America
Presentation Titles & Speakers:
- “Trip Analytics”, Gregory Jordan, Trip Analytics Project Manager, Center For Advanced Transportation Technology Laboratory, College Park, Maryland
- “An Interactive GIS Tool for Evaluating the VMT Impact of Proposed Development”, Dock Rosenthal, P.E., DKS Associates, Portland, Oregon and Maggie Lin, Ph.D, P.E., PTOE, Transportation Engineer, DKS Associates, Portland, Oregon
- “Advanced Topics in Impact Assessment: Vehicle Miles Traveled, Limited Parking Supply, Mixed-Use Projects, and Post-COVID Pandemic Travel Behavior Considerations”, John Gard, P.E., RSP, Principal, Fehr & Peers, Roseville, CA, California
- “Introducing the ITE Trip Generation Manual – 11th Edition”, Kevin Hooper, P.E., Principal, Kevin Hooper Associates, Falmouth, Maine