Life transitions are challenging because they force us to let go of the familiar and face the future with a feeling of vulnerability. Whether positive or negative, life transitions can force us to adjust to new ways of living, being and working, at least temporarily. How to deal with life transitions can be quite challenging. This Track is designed to provide support, ideas and tools for PO’s/PC’s to help their clients face these challenges, either at home or work. This Track will strengthen your foundation and equip you with skills to share with your clients and skills for coping as you work through the transition. Choosing classes from each division will equip the residential organizer with a well-rounded diversity of knowledge.
- The Core classes focus on factors affecting managing business aspects like planning, staffing, and business issues and productivity including project and team management.
- The Client Interaction classes focus on ways in which you inter-personally relate to your clients through recognition and boundaries and help you to connect with your clients to provide a teaching environment.
- The Skills classes offer a variety of subjects to sharpen already present skill sets or to add new tools to your toolbox to expand your marketability for helping business clients remain relevant in a demanding professional environment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you have completed the courses for a NAPO Specialist Certificate, you hold a certificate but you are not “certified” and may not describe yourself as such.
You must be a NAPO Professional Member to obtain a Specialist Certificate.
You must complete a minimum of eight (8) courses in the following:
Core Courses (Minimum of 2)
- OD 1-118 Understanding and Navigating Life Transitions
- OD 2-227 Organized Transitions: Project Management for Life's Milestones
- OD 4-425 Organizing for Life's Unexpected Curve Balls
- OD 4-427 Graduating Into Adulthood: Spring-boarding to Independence
- OD 4-428 Life After 40: Finding a New Focus for the Future
Client Interaction Courses (Minimum of 2)
- OD 3-301 Transference of Organizational Skill
- OD 3-303 Understanding Learning and Thinking Styles
- OD 4-401 The Magic of Motivation
- OD 4-403 Managing Client Expectations
- OD 4-424 When Communication Works: How to Communicate Effectively with Clients
- OD 4-426 Transform Your Client Relationships: An Introduction to Coaching
Skills Courses (Minimum of 4)
- CR 1-116 Organizing Solutions for Overwhelmed Families
- OD 2-214 Digital Disorganization
- CR 2-222 Organizing Dead People
- CR 2-224 Bridging the Gap Through Virtual Organizing
- CR 3-304 Still Someone: Organizing Older Adults with Memory Loss
- CR 4-407 How Organizers Engage Students
- CR 4-420 Demystifying the Deaccession and Appraisal of Household Contents
- CR 2-607 Demystifying Health Insurance Claims and EOB's
- CR 2-609 Relos: Near, Far and Far, Far Away
- CR 4-619 The Art of Letting Go
Additional Course Information
- Some courses are listed in multiple Specialist Certificate tracks. Two of the courses may be applied to no more than two tracks.
- To qualify, courses must have been taken within a 2-year window, prior to submitting your NAPO Specialist Certificate application.
Applying for Your Certificate
To Obtain Your Certificate
- Complete the required specialist certificate courses
- Complete the NAPO Specialist Certificate application located below.
- You must be a Professional Member in good standing at the time of application.
Your application will be reviewed. If the NAPO Specialist Certificate requirements are met, you will be sent your NAPO Specialist Certificate digital web badge from NAPO Digital Badging.
NAPO Digital Badging
What is a Digital Badge?A digital badge is a validated indicator of accomplishment, skill, quality, or interest that can be earned in many learning environments.* NAPO issues digital badges to Specialist Certificate holders and CPOs to make it easier for you to provide validation of earned certificates and credentials to your clients and colleagues.
In order to make your clients aware of your specialized education and/or CPO status, these digital badges can be shared via digital media platforms, as part of your email signature, or on your website. When someone clicks on the badge image, the link will bring them to your personal validation page on the NAPO Digital Badging website which provides official confirmation of your certificate status.
* Click here for more information on Digital Badging