Have an attendance code? Sign In to enter it.
This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
Most structural engineers will at some point in their career design a building or structure in or near a body of water. It's important to understand the requirements and limitations placed on buildings in flood zones. This webinar will present an experienced practitioner's take on what a structural engineer needs to know in their practice.
Topics will include:
- Overview of types of flood zones/sources of flooding
- Regulatory headaches and managing client expectations
- Subsurface conditions, erosion and scour, wave loads, hydrostatic pressure - why the foundation design should not be an afterthought
- Elevated buildings: lateral bracing, breakaway walls, utilities, building access and other challenges
- Wet floodproofing versus Dry floodproofing
- Business practice issues and risk management
- Course will award 1.5 hours of continuing education
- This course is Diamond Review approved in 49 states. New York does not accept hours from recordings.