As an AFP member, you can master the basics for free.
AFP, in partnership with Blackbaud University, is excited to offer introductory-level courses on fundraising and relevant nonprofit topics at no charge to AFP members!
Each course is short and self-paced.
Explore these 7 topics and start learning today:
- Basics of Fundraising: Learn about implementing fundraising strategies, using case statements, acquiring major gifts, retaining donors, and leveraging the donor life-cycle.
- Basics of Marketing: Marketing is the cornerstone of social-good success. Is your organization continuing to spread your message and tell your story? Learn how to not only stand out as an organization, but also shine.
- Basics of Personas: Does your organization have personality? Do you know how to leverage personas? Learn how to engage
supporters, target donors, and ultimately raise more funds.
- Basics of Impact: Learn how to measure and share your impact with your staff and donors.
- Basics of Finance: Acquire the skills to translate nonprofit financial jargon, complete financial tasks and procedures, run common financial reports, and understand goals and objectives of the finance office.
- Basics of Events: Is your organization planning and executing events effectively and successfully? Learn how to not only create buzz-worthy events, but also how to create meaning, purpose, and connection with your supporters.
- Basics of Nonprofit Organizations: Understanding the hierarchy and structure is essential for all healthy nonprofit organizations. Learn about the individual roles and responsibilities of nonprofit leaders: board of directors, executive director, development director, finance director, and programming director.
Have a question? Let us know at ProfessionalDevelopment@afpglobal.org.