Clients typically go through several life transitions over the course of our work with them. This introductory class illustrates the broad categories of personal and professional life transitions, as well as the many variations within each type. Using client cases, attendees will learn how life transitions impact clients differently and the role organizers and productivity professionals play in helping clients navigate these transitions. A variety of tools and resources for both professionals and clients will be provided.
2. Name at least 5 types of life transitions that may impact our clients.
3. Specify at least 2 kinds of organizing needs per life transition.
4. Give examples of positive and negative aspects of each life transition.
5. Distinguish how a life transition may be experienced differently by each client.
6. List at least 2 mental health or medical conditions that may be more evident during life transitions.
7. Identify 4 roles a professional may play in supporting their clients during life transitions.
8. Name at least 5 resources that will help your professional development and your clientele.
Instructor: Janice Russell, CPO-CD, COC
Total Time: 2 hours
Please be sure to listen for and record the code words given during the presentation. The instructor will explicitly verbalize code words periodically throughout the class (i.e. "The first code word is...") Note: Not all instructors give code words. If you do not hear any, please indicate "none given" on the course evaluation.